Saturday, January 2, 2016

My 2016 word is...





This year I want to be Brave. It may seem like a strange word to focus on, but in reality it's exactly what I need to do. I go along with people all the time above what I prefer because I don't want to rock the boat. I want people to like me so I just say yes, even if I don't want to do something.

This year I want to get better at saying no or I don't want that or I am not comfortable with that. This to me takes bravery as I have to tell people whom I would normally go along with that I don't want to. I will lose friends because of this, but I have to be brave enough to remember the ones worth keeping, the ones who matter will continue to be my friend.


  • I need to be Brave in saying no to eating out when I know my goal is to lose weight.
  • I need to be Brave in saying no to myself when I want to skip a workout.
  • I need to be Brave in saying no to buying that "treat" on the way home from work.
  • I need to be Brave in trying something that can help me in my career rather than saying no.
  • I need to be Brave in saving money for things rather than buying whatever strikes me fancy.
So many things to be Brave about this year, but I can do it. This is my mantra for the year and it is doable.

Do you have a word you're focusing on or a goal you want to hit in 2016? Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment