Saturday, January 9, 2010

Winter is worse this year

The last two years the winter has been pretty mild.  Not much snow, maybe one big snow storm, but nothing to write home about.  This winter?  We had snow the first weekend in December, which isn't all that unusual.  Then a HUGE snow storm the weekend of Dec. 19th (which meant I couldn't get to my grad school graduation).  And since then, we've had two smaller snows.  Very odd.

I say this because today I was to run.  I was going to run outside LAST Sat. but I got up late and we had an appointment at 1:00 p.m., so I didn't have the time to go to the park.  Today, I got up and headed to the park to run with the hubby.  Got there and realized the path was still covered in ice.  There was no way I could run.  I have so little balance to begin with that running on ice for me is not the smartest idea.  So, we turned around and came home. 

I didn't let that stop me though. I came home, threw in my Jekyll and Hyde CD and ran on the treadmill.  I haven't had much luck on the treadmill for running to long, but I had to run today, so I used it.  I ran for 35 minutes and 2 miles.  Slower than outside, but the treadmill isn't the greatest, so I run much slower using it than if I'm outside.  The important thing though is that I ran.  I didn't let the ice on the path at the park stop me from running.  It wasn't what I wanted, I wanted 2.5 miles, but 2 miles is better than giving up altogether.  So, while it may not have been what I wanted and I'm a little behind on my mileage for the month, but I'm not giving up and I'm not letting it stop me from going out and actually running.

No comments:

Post a Comment