Monday, September 29, 2014
I decided then and there that this would be the last time this would happen. I'm tired of doing this...finding a way to make clothes look ok on me. I need to change. I need to make myself a priority. I need to say what I've been doing hasn't worked. I need to make changes if I want to be happy with myself...which I am not currently.
Oh sure, I'm happy with the way I've gotten back to my workouts - due in no small part to the running coach I hired. But, while I thought my eating habits would fall into line because I was working out, they haven't. So, I am making a concentrated effort to focus on my food intake and what it should be rather than what it is.
This is my Motivational Monday. I felt so bad about how I looked over the weekend that it has motivated me to get my shit together. I have done it before, so I know it's possible.
What are you needing to focus on? Is it time to start making and implementing plans to make changes in your life?
Friday, September 19, 2014
1. In my whole life, I have only not had a pet for about two years, just after my Shetland Sheepdog Fluffy passed away. When I was born we had a large dog named Panda Bear Bruce Spruce, then a black outdoor cat named Cinder. For a few years we had a husky named Nikita and when we gave him away, we adopted a Shetland Sheepdog named Fluffy. A friend of my mom's passed away and we inherited her cat George. After Fluffy passed, I didn't want another pet, it was too painful. Then I adopted Higgy and Pooka. When they were eight, hubby and I adopted Elizabeth. When Pooka passed away in 2013, we adopted Domo and Strax.
2. I do not eat chicken, ham, steak, pork, or mushrooms. When I was a child, my mother ate chicken almost every meal for a month. I decided when I was old enough to not eat it again. It's been years since I've had it. Ham and pork are too salty for me. I feel like all I'm eating is salt. I used to eat steak, but one too many bites into gristle made me not like it anymore. Mushrooms = fungus. Yea...no.
3. My dad was in the Army and the Coast Guard. He was 14 years older than my mom and was a stay-at-home dad. It was an unusual up-bringing. LOL!
4. I have three favorite Disney characters - Cinderella, Eeyore, and Stitch from Lilo and Stitch. I realized they are all blue. Odd?
5. I used to watch M*A*S*H* and Hogan's Hero's with my parents as a kid and they are still some of my all-time favorite t.v. shows.
What's something interesting about you? :-)
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
I know I won't be better in all of those in one day, but one a day, maybe two, that's doable.
What about you? Do you strive to be better than you were yesterday? last week? last month? last year?