Monday, September 12, 2016

Stationary bike problems


I am almost 3 months post-ankle break and was cleared last month to use a stationary bike. I can start at 10 minutes, then 15 minutes, and so on. Then I can add the elliptical in short spurts, because it's not as hard on the ankle as walking. My final approved activity is walking, but I haven't really gotten that far yet. I haven't even gotten as far as the elliptical.

Why? Because I am used to being able to do any amount of time I want. Usually, I'll do 30-60 minutes on a stationary bike. I had been doing 30 minutes of walking at lunch and then some on the treadmill at night before I broke my ankle.

I'm sure that made no sense. What I'm {very poorly} trying to say is, I don't feel like 10 minutes is worth my time doing. It's easy, but how do I get myself dressed and drive to the gym to do the bike for 10 minutes, then go home? Plus, I'll be honest, walking in for 10 minutes on the bike, then walking out? Who among you wouldn't see someone do that and judge them? I would. I would wonder why did you come all the way to the gym to do the bike for 10 minutes? It wouldn't make sense to me and I would question it.

I need to get this idea out of my head if I want to run again. I don't have a clue when I can do that. The PT I saw in August didn't give me any timeframe at all for running, just the bike, elliptical, and walking. I have an appointment on Thursday and I will ask about it. I may not look like a runner, but I would like to go back to it. From the beginning obviously.

Any motivational thoughts to get me to the gym are welcome. :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment