Monday, April 18, 2011

Half Marathon

 
A couple months ago, I ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Orlando, FL.  It was a challenge and one that I am more and more proud of as the days go by. 

Right before the race though, I hit the bookstore to find something to read on the way down.  I bought the hubby a first marathon book for Christmas and hoped to find a half marathon version.  There was nothing there, which made me slightly disappointed.  When I got home, I checked on-line to see if one existed.  From what I found, it does not.

So, now that I'm a tad bit out from the race, I decided to do something about it.  I wrote up a list of questions regarding a person's running history and their first half marathon experience.  I'm hoping to put together a book that a person running their very first half marathon can read and find a bit of advice, camaraderie, or courage from others who were once in their position.  I think it would have helped me on that plane ride!

With that in mind, if you have run a half marathon and would like to help me out, please email me.  I am seeking out people who have run a half marathon and would like to share their story with others.  Doesn't matter to me what half, how long it took you, if you've never run before it or after it, just that you're willing to share your experience with someone who is facing their very first long race. 

Please email me at christina_m_stetler (at) yahoo dot com.  I hope you'll be willing to help not only me, but the thousands of people each year who are tackling their very first half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment