Sunday, May 6, 2012

Photos of the week

I have been having a hard time getting back into the whole photography thing.  Seems like I have lots going on and it's been put on the back burner.  So, I've decided to try to take a photo a day this month.  It doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to be something I see.  So, without further adieu...

Tuesday, May 1
We are season ticket holders for the York Revolution (2010 and 2011 Atlantic League Champions thankyouverymuch) and opening day was Tuesday.  This is Corey Thurman with the first pitch.  He has been with the Revs for a few years now, has made York his home, and is just an all-around nice guy.  Sadly, he didn't make it out of the third inning, which is odd for him.  And the Revs went on to lose Tuesday night's home opener. 

Wednesday, May 2
Love this sign!  I belong to the YMCA in Harrisburg, of which there is an East Shore and a West Shore branch.  This sign is at the East Shore branch in the ladies locker room.  Which is fabulous if you're a woman, not so much if you're a guy.  LOL!

Thursday, May 3
Cute little kitty in the window.  I walk about half a mile to work and a half a mile back.  I always check the windows of the homes along the way to see if there are any cute pets.  Usually it is kitties, but sometimes there are big ole dogs just sitting on the back of sofas looking out.  This cute little kitty was sitting directly across from my car when I got to work Thursday afternoon.  You can even kinda see my car in the window.  She wasn't there when I came back to my car.

Friday, May 4
Friday nights the hubby and I now go to the West Shore YMCA to get our fencing on.  LOL!  This is the front entrance to that YMCA.  It's so very modern looking and sleek.  Very different from the East Shore YMCA, which is in downtown Harrisburg.  But, it's very nice and I love that we have two YMCA's to chose from when we work out.

Saturday, May 5
Saturday mornings are our time to get a long run in.  Though this week I had to rearrange my schedule and didn't get a long run in.  I got in a 1.5 mile run in and a 30 minute trainer session in at the above YMCA.  Normally I meet with him on Monday nights, but we're going to be away, so I scheduled it for Saturday.  After our Saturday morning workout sessions we head to Dunkin' Donuts since we've Earned Our Donuts.  There is always a medium Blueberry Coffee, then a breakfast sandwich and a donut.  Yesterday's donut was a chocolate cherry.  It was ok, but not great. 

And there we have it.  The first week in May in pictures.  Tune in next week for more photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment