Saturday, November 24, 2012

3 mile run

I haven't been running much lately. I ran the Atlantic City Half Marathon in October and had run twice since then - a random 3 mile run a week ago Monday and then the Movie Madness 5k last Saturday. Wow. I'm such a great runner. LOL!

I've been thinking lately I need to get my butt back in gear with both my eating and exercising. So, I bought an interesting book yesterday that let's me keep track of my food and exercise each week.

It was on the clearance section at the book store for $5, so I got two. One for 2013 and one for 2014, though my goal is to reach my goal weight in 2013 and may not even need the second one. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

I also got a new running jacket. Eeeeeeee! I love new running gear! And it was on sale for $15. I decided to take it with me today on my run (part of my getting back out there) and I LOVE it!

 
It is a great jacket. I went out for a 3 mile run in 41 degree temps with a lovely wind kicking up. I wore a cold weather long-sleeve under it and felt perfectly fine. I loved the thumb holes. I'm a sucker for thumb holes on the sleeves. It kept most of my hand warm, though after half a mile my fingers were a tad bit cold. LOL! They were fine come the first full mile.
 
Hopefully this momentum keeps going. I need to lose the weight I've gained since July and take off the last 15ish to reach goal. Any amount I can lose between now and the beginning of 2013 will be very helpful.
 
What are you doing for exercise this holiday season? Going to the gym? Running? Taking a class?


No comments:

Post a Comment