Monday, March 18, 2013

Motivational Monday

Impossible isn't a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible isn't a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is nothing.

I've always felt as if my attempts at weight loss have been an impossible battle. I'll lose weight, then gain it back (hello last 8 months). I've never felt that I really could do it. It's always been in the back of my head that to reach my goal weight was an impossibility and that all my efforts wouldn't amount to much. How do you explain being 12 pounds away from your goal, then gaining 20 pounds? 

Ugh. But, I got my butt handed to me when I think about how badly I trained for this past weekend. I knew what I had to do, but didn't really do it. I half-assed it. In my head I felt it was impossible to improve on last year's results and let that color my workouts. I let it color my eating habits. I didn't give it my all. 

Well, I signed up for the Zooma Annapolis Half Marathon in June. I've never done that. I have been doing two halves a year, but one in the spring, one in the fall. This time around Zooma is 10 weeks after Shamrock. Zooma has a 3.5 hour time limit. Zooma has a couple nasty hills (I've seen the pics!). It means I have have to do the impossible. It means I have to buckle down and say impossible is an opinion, it is a dare. And you know what? I'll be damned if I don't complete the dare!

Have you felt your efforts are impossible? Have you done the impossible? Share! I'd love to hear about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment