Saturday, April 13, 2013

Race Day


Hubby and I are racing in the first ever Light Lager Jogger 5k at the Yuengling factory in Pottsville, PA today. We've been looking forward to this race for a few months now. We've never been to the brewery and have been saying for ages we need to go. What better way to do it than by running a 5k first?

But, I'm not the only one racing today (yes, yes hubby is running too). My running guru and good friend Kim is running the Martian Marathon in MI today.


I am really proud of her. She had hip surgery about a year and a half ago and was out of the running game for a long time. A really long time for a passionate marathoner like her. But, this girl did everything to get back to marathon form and she will be toeing the line this morning. She is a true inspiration and a fantastic person.

I know as I run today, I will be thinking of her and waiting anxiously to hear how her run goes. I don't care what happens today, I know she is going to rock it. It's just what she does. Run strong my friend! May the running gods be with you today!


No comments:

Post a Comment