Monday, August 5, 2013

Motivational Monday

There is nothing wrong with you...
you only need to clean the lens 
through which you view yourself.

This is so true. I am really good at seeing what is wrong with me. I can make a list a mile long, but can't really see the things that are good. Personally, my lens is so dirty I'm surprised I haven't walked into walls (well...maybe I have...). I know in the scheme of things I may not be everyone's best friend (and honestly, that's ok. Everyone isn't mine.), but overall I'm a pretty decent person. I try to be a good wife, kitty mommy, friend, family member, employee, co-worker. I know I don't always succeed, but then does anyone? The people who care about me forgive those times when I stumble (hmmm...maybe cleaner lenses?).

Going forward, I need to concentrate on the positives and not the negatives. It isn't easy for me to look at the glass half full, rather than half empty. Easy to see that I can't fit into clothes that fit last summer. Easy to see that I'm not where I want to be professionally. Easy to see that my relationships do not seem to be at a stage I would like. I know I can change these things. I can take a step back, see where I am, see where I want to be, make a plan, and move in the direction I want to go. I just have to clean the lens I am looking through.

What about you? Are your lenses cloudy or have you cleaned them?

No comments:

Post a Comment