Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thankful Thursday

This week might seem a little generic, but I am thankful for what I have. I have a house with three bedrooms, 1.5 baths, a living room, kitchen, dinning room, basement, attic, and 1.76 acres of land. I have a car {and so does hubby} that runs and I can get fixed when it doesn't. We have three cats {and two who have passed on that we were able to afford their medical treatment when necessary}.

I have a t.v. with cable. When my laptop got all wonky, I had the option of repairing or buying new. All of my rooms have furniture. We have a riding lawn mower to cut the yard. We have a snow blower to help snow blow our gravel driveway in winter.

We have just about finalized the plans to build a deck in our back yard. We have a table with chairs for it, a grill, chairs and a table for reading, etc., and a small bar area already.

We have a room in the house dedicated to workout equipment {weight bench, treadmill, NordicTrack, and elliptical}. I have boxes and boxes of Christmas stuff so I can decorate the house all pretty come the holidays.

I am lucky enough to feed my passion for photography with two DSLR cameras - a Rebel and a 7d. I have lenses for these cameras. I have extra memory cards. I have camera bags. I have a smartphone {though recent} and a Kindle.

So today, as I've been stressing myself out for a week about things I cannot control, I am thankful for the "things" in my life. I know that may sound selfish, but I know I am damn lucky to have what I do. I can stress over what I don't have {as we all do}. Or, I can take the time to remember I am extremely lucky. I have the disposable income to make my life comfortable even if I may wish for things I do not have.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment