Monday, December 22, 2014

Motivational Monday

As it is the week of Christmas for Christians, I wanted to share with you a bit of Christmas motivation. I saw this quote and it struck me quite hard that this is the definition of Christmas or any holiday you celebrate with those you love {insert that day where Christmas is}.

I immediately thought of Christmas Eve. It is the night during the holidays that my hubby and I turn down all invitations from family and friends and celebrate the holidays together. My family is three hours away, so some years we have a six hour commute to celebrate with them. Other years we stay local and celebrate with his family. But Christmas Eve is ours. We go to church, then come home to a candlelit/Christmas tree lit dinner with wine. After dinner we go to the tree with Christmas music playing and cookies to open our presents to and from each other. It is our holiday time.

Then the holiday rush/madness can begin on Christmas. We have found a way to make the holiday enjoyable and meaningful to us while still enjoying time with friends and family.

On this Motivational Monday, this is my wish for you. To carve a little bit of time out over the holidays to make a special tradition for just you and your family - a time without the running around where you can truly appreciate the ones you love making memories you will have for the rest of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment