Monday, March 30, 2015

Motivational Monday

Happy Monday friends! How are you this day? How was your weekend? Did you get out there and do fun things?

This past weekend I ran The Love Run in Philadelphia. It was the second half marathon in eight days for me. Kinda crazy, right? The purpose, other than I really like Shamrock Marathon weekend and the Love Run? I wanted to qualify for Half Fanatics.

1. So, I set a goal last summer to run these two races back-to-back weekends to meet the Neptune requirement of two half marathons in 16 days.

2. I made a plan. I decided on the two races I was going to run to qualify. I chose Shamrock Marathon weekend {3/22} and the Love Run {3/29}. Then I planned out my training schedule.

3. The plan started in late December/early January, when I got to work. I started my training runs and some cross-training.

4. I had three+ months to stick to it. I'll be honest, I wasn't 100% dedicated. I lost three weeks of training to a severe lack of motivation. I didn't run, I didn't train, I ate horribly. It was a bad three weeks, but at the end I picked myself up and went back to it. I adjusted my runs, I started eating better, and I did what I could to make up for lost time.

5. This past Sunday I reached my goal. I ran the Shamrock Half Marathon on Sunday, March 22 and then completed the Love Run on Sunday, March 29. I hit my goal of two half marathons in less than 16 days.

Today's thought for Motivational Monday is we can reach our goals. It may not be pretty, but if we set a goal, figure out how to accomplish it, work the plan, stick to it to the best of our ability, we can reach our goal. Don't let a set back get you down. Decide what you need to get back at it and go! It's still possible!

What goal are going to set? What goal are you working towards today?


No comments:

Post a Comment