Sunday, January 25, 2009

The End of Another Week

Sunday night. Ugh. I like my weekends. Sleep in for the most part. Relax. Hang with the hubby and the kitties. Monday means getting up early, going to work, leaving hubby and kitties. Not as enjoyable.

But, back to the point of the blog. Since the last time you heard from me... ;-) Friday was a wonderful day. Hubby and I went to dinner with friends. It was really nice and the food was amazing! I had a delicious Caribbean Flavored Salmon with pineapple, rice and broccoli. I split the rice and salmon in half for take home, but ate the broccoli. I had a delicious glass of Reisling wine and a side salad. I weigh in on Saturday mornings, so I needed to do my best to stay on plan. Then we went to another local place for drinks. I had a diet soda instead. :-) Go me! I wanted to do the best I could before weighing in.

So, I get up (way to early) Saturday morning to go to weigh-in. Hubby joined me so we could run after wards. I was expecting a 1 pound loss, and that was generous. My scale at home didn't budge AT ALL this week. Frustrating. So, I get on and was blown away when I was told I was down 2.4 pounds!!! I was sooo freaking excited! So, for the month, I am 1 pound away from my 7 pound goal. I can do it!

Then, we headed to the park to run. Hubby runs the loop 3 times, I run it once. I'm no where close to his level, but my loop is 1.25 miles, which is the furthest I've ever run in my life, so I'm ok with that. Last week my run was 15:53 for 1.24 miles. When all was said and done this Saturday, my 1.24 mile time was. . . . . . . . 15:51! Alright, 2 seconds isn't much, but when running, it sure is! Races are won by hundredths of a second. So, I was excited.

Had a great splurge day with home made pizza, steak fries, and rum cake. We also had beer. :-) It was good. Such a wonderful splurge day!

And now, back to the wagon. Had cereal with skim milk and coffee with milk for breakfast. Dinner was leftovers from Friday night. Then I had a WW ice cream bar, then some pita and humus. I needed something salty. Other than some salt issues, I know I'll be fine in the morning. Oh, and 30 minutes of Wii Fit. Worked out very well. Did another distance lap (12 minutes), three advanced step, and some soccer ball head bump. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment