Thursday, January 1, 2009

January 1, 2009

Wow, writing 2009 was strange. LOL! The first day in the new year. All sorts of possibilities lay ahead. A year to make changes and hopefully become a better person. That's the goal for 2009. Let me clarify though. I don't think I'm a bad person now. I do know there are areas in my life that I need to work on. So, this is the year to make those changes. Why this year? I don't know. It just feels right. So, 2009 is the year of change for me.

You may wonder why that photo is at the top of the page and will be there all the time. I took that photo just before Christmas and loved it. It wasn't meant to be anything but a photo for my Facebook page because I couldn't find one I liked better. But I took it and something happened. I thought, for the first time, I am pretty. I have lots of goals this year, but in that one photo, I look like I've met them. It makes me think that at the end of this journey I can look good and feel confident about myself...as much as I do in that photo. So, I guess you could say that photo started it all. It made me want to change to be like the girl in the photo. The one that looks pretty and self-assured. The one who is looking sexy for the camera. The one who looks like she's happy and confident. And you know, there's nothing wrong with that. That's why I love that photo so much. Because it looks like what I want to look like at the end of my journey.

This blog is just going to be about me and my attempts at bringing my life to the way I want to be living. Eating healthier, exercising more often, educating myself, and just following through on my goals. It should be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment