Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Moving Along

Well, weigh-in on Sat. went better than I expected. I lost a whopping .6 pounds, which is way better than the gain I anticipated. So, I am currently down 14.2 pounds. I desperately want to hit 15 pounds. I am salivating over it. I crave it. I need it. I know that sounds extreme, but I am tired of being the biggest of my friends. I want to be pretty and happy with who I am and what I look like. People don't get this (because most people are at a healthy weight), but I'm tired of always being overweight. I have been overweight my entire life (all 33 years of it) and I want to be normal. I'm not asking to be a size 0, that wouldn't be me. I'd love to be a size 10. I'd love the chance to know I can go in ANY store and find something that fits and looks good. I can find things now, but it's always a search to find something good. So, 15 pounds meants a lot right now. And just as a reminder, the goal is a total of 31 pounds by the end of July. When I hit the 15 pound mark, I will only have 16 pounds to go. I think it's doable.

After weighing in, headed to the park to run. It was the windiest run I have ever gone on. As much as I say I'm shocked at increasing my running time, I was floored when I did it Sat. I mean, I have never been in wind that strong before. With the wind at my back, I felt like I was flying. With the wind in my face, I felt like I was walking into a brick wall with tears in my eyes (and I wear sunglasses when I run!). It was truly a unique experience. With that being said, I had a great run! I finished my one mile time at 12:45, which is 12 seconds better than last week. Woohoo! And I finished my 2 mile time at 30:06, 2 seconds faster than last week. Bummed I was so close to finishing under 30, but I am not shocked with the wind. I'm cool with it. There's always next time, right? I even thought I would run an additional half mile, but Brian was done his run and I was excited enough about my time that I had to tell someone. LOL! This week we will aim to get under 30 minutes on the 2 miles and add that half mile in. Gotta have goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment