Sunday, May 3, 2009

A New Week, A New Start

I am hitting the week running! So excited for being back on track this week. I really need to stick to my weekly schedule of weigh-in Sat., splurge day Sat., then good the rest of the week. When I get off that schedule, things go decidedly bad. So, a good start to my Sunday will give me a good start to my week.

Already had a good morning. Got a good night's sleep last night. Thank God! Last week's sleep was not so great. Catching up with that is good.

This morning I made a delicious new breakfast - Pina Colada Parfait Surprise from Hungry Girl. Delicious! B and I had it and even he liked it. It was good and only 3 points. Which is only one more than my traditional dry cereal b-fast and more filling. Very happy about that.

Yesterday I bought romaine lettuce rather than the bag lettuce that I usually buy. Today I ripped up the lettuce and learned I spent less on the lettuce and got more than buying the bag. So, I will continue to to buy the lettuce rather than the bag stuff. I am very proud of myself for that. I also cut up cucumbers for salad/snacks/etc. We are going to try making grilled cheese out of cucumbers this week. I saw a recipe for doing it with eggplant and I thought I could do it with cucumbers. I'll let you know how it goes.

It's raining pretty hard here today. I am going to use my little bike for exercise, but hoping the weather clears up later for a quick run. If it's sprinkling, I'll go, but it's pretty nasty right now and my course has a wicked hill on it that I am sure to wipe out on in the rain. But, I will bike so that even if I don't run, I've done something.

Pina Colada Parfait Surprise

INGREDIENTS
6 oz. fat-free vanilla yogurt
1/4 canned pinapple tidbits packed in juice, drained
1/4 cup chopped banana
2 tablespoons Fiber One cereal (original)
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract

DIRECTIONS
Mix coconut extract into yogurt. Place about 1/3 of the yogurt mixture in the bottom of a parfait glass, or any small glass.

Top with half the pineapple tidbits and half the chopped banana.

Sprinkle half of the cereal over the fruit layer, and then spoon another third of the yogurt on top.

Add remaining pineapple and banana, and then add a final layer of yogurt.

Finish it all off with the rest of the cereal. Enjoy!

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
175 Calories
.5g Fat
129mg Sodium
42g Carbs
5g Fiber
28g Sugars
8g Protein

2 comments:

  1. that parfait looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very good. I would recommend it. Will definitely make it again.

    ReplyDelete