Friday, November 6, 2009

November 6 - First Boot Camp Weigh-in and Day 5

Well, today is the first test of boot camp. Got up and went to WW to weigh in. Hoping for three pounds this week. I figured I wouldn't loose all that I gained in the month of Oct., but that 3 pounds for a completely revamped eating and exercise regime was doable. Got on the scale and was down 4 pounds! Yes, 4. I was so freaking excited! It worked! All my hard work this week worked! It was such a great feeling!! Now the test is Friday night. I usually let things slid Friday and Saturday nights since I have plenty of time to be on track before the following Friday, but boot camp rules call for a full accounting of flex points. First flex point challenge of Boot Camp.

Alrighty, here's how Day 5 went:

Exercise: Did 30 minutes on the bike. I spent my entire day working on my thesis that I kinda forgot to do something. So, at 9:15 p.m., I grabbed the bike and rode that while watching Legend of the Seeker. Yup, I'm a geek.

Water: Ugh. Missed it by 2 cups. I just couldn't do another glass of cold water and I didn't make a cup of decaf tea last night, so I was deficient in water.

Sweets: None (I like how I don't have to change this each week.)

Points: Got all my points in today. There was some adventure in it though. I had planned on mac 'n cheese with veggies or spaghetti squash with veggies, but hubby wasn't feeling well so we made light pancakes. They were yummy! But, I ran into veggie issues. You'll see what happened under veggies and fruits. :-)

9:00 p.m.: This one was funny. See fruits and veggies.

Breakfast: Breakfast was fine. Nothing exciting. I really want to make a good breakfast different than cereal one day. Maybe the weekend. Some form of egg something or other.

3 Fruits/2 Vegetables:: First, I will say, I got all my fruits in. Second I will say it took forever to get the last one in. LOL! I am going to combine fruits and veggies today because really, they were one in the same. I realized we were low on fruits today and would need some thoughtful thinking to figure out how to get them in with a limited selection/amount. I had dried fruit at lunch and realized it would be a banana and an apple later in the day. Dinner was to be either mac and cheese with vegetables or spaghetti squash with vegetables, but we switched to pancakes so I still had a serving of vegetables to get in. After dinner I had my banana, which was yummy. I figured I'd wait a little while, then have some carrots, then at 8:30 p.m. have my apple. Well, 8:25 comes around and I had forgotten my carrots. Oops. So, I grab a serving of carrots, an apple, and a cheese stick (still needed 3 points for the day.). Got back to the living room at 8:36 p.m. and commenced eating. And ate literally until 9:00 p.m. It took me that long to eat a serving of carrots, an apple and a cheese stick. LOL! Who knew? But, I got in my fruits and veggies for the day.

Wish me luck over the weekend. They are always the hardest for me.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! Wow - 4 pounds is AWESOME! Go you for being a good girl on bootcamp!!!

    ReplyDelete