Saturday, December 5, 2009

7 Pounds

7 pounds. That is the amount of weight I have lost since July 2009. Yes, 7 pounds. I have lost it, gained, it lost it, gained it....you get the drift. I was thinking of that last night before bed. I am down a total of 31 for the year, but the VAST majority of that came before July 30th. That wedding was a sure fire incentive to loose, then it all went to heck. I don't know what happened. I'm slightly...alright, more like severally...disappointed in myself over this. In 4 months, I have masted 7 pounds. In the six months previous? 24. Wow. What a difference.

So, I need to buckle down the rest of the month and really focus on those 5 pounds. While 13 pounds in the second half of the year isn't note worthy, it sure beats 7 pounds in 6 months.

And I started this with a great 30 minute treadmill run today. The weather did not bode well for an outdoor run, it was snowing when I woke up, so I jumped on the treadmill. Lately, the home treadmill and I have not been friends. I have not been able to get in a good 30 minutes without having to stop about 25 minutes in. And today I didn't think we were friends still. I really just wanted to stop. But, then I started thinking how I have lost only 7 pounds since July and I forced my self to run the WHOLE 30 minutes. And I did it. I ran 30 on the treadmill today. My goal is to run Monday and Wednesday this week too, either outside or on the treadmill. There is no reason why I can't get in a 30 minute run no matter what the weather looks like outside.

And with that being said, hubby signed us up to run in the Jingle Bell Walk/Run for Arthritis next weekend. I'm looking forward to it actually. They have the cutest logo and you get a long-sleeve t-shirt. :-) I'm really, really excited about it. Hoping to run a 42 minute 5k, which would be my best time EVER. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment