Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday, Lent and some selfless self-promotion

Happy Ash Wednesday!  Do people really wish each other Happy Ash Wednesday?  I think not.  So, maybe I'll start a trend.  It is the first day of Lent, which implies Lenten resolutions - which are kind alike New Year's Resolutions, except with some religious guilt thrown in there if you screw up.

So, each year at this time I determine my Lenten resolutions.  They generally consist of the same items, ones that I work at diligently all Lent, then promptly forget about once Easter Sunday comes around.  It's all very frustrating.  But, I rock at following through during Lent...apparently 12 years of Catholic school will do that to you.  LOL!  So, in no particular order, my Lenten resolutions:

~ No sweets (brownies, cookies, cake, pie, candy, chocolate, etc.) ~
~ No eating between meals ~
~ No meat (other than fish - yup, going pescetarian) ~

I have been struggling with these three things for the past few months and just can't get my head around them anymore.  I don't know why.  So, I am taking this opportunity, because I rarely cheat on my Lenten resolutions, to get my head on straight.  What I'm hoping will happen is I will come out on the other side of Lent a few pounds lighter and my head wrapped around what it takes to get the rest of the weight off.  

And now for the selfless self-promotion.  New article on examiner.com.  I'm really rocking the articles this week!  Go me!  Check it out - Harrisburg's SusqueCentennial

No comments:

Post a Comment