Thursday, February 18, 2010

First Day of Lent and Other Goodies

First day of Lent, which implies first day of Lenten resolutions.  Did you make any?  You all know what I vowed to do.  So far not too bad.  I am kinda on the hungry side right now, but I had a light lunch, which should account for that.  I heated up soup with some crackers and dried cherries.  Will need to make larger meals if I'm not going to snack between meals.  Dinner is going to be stir-fry veggies and tuna over brown rice, a favorite of ours.

Professionally, things are going well too...as well as they can be I suppose.  Yesterday, I got a call for an interview.  I applied last month for a temporary part-time fundraising position and I received a call to come in for an interview.  I go in tomorrow to the staffing company to interview, fill out some forms, and take some assessment tests.  We shall see.

In addition to that, I sent an email to the Garden State Legacy on-line magazine editor regarding writing for the magazine.  I suggested an article on baseball in NJ.  This morning I received a confirmation from them that they would like to publish the article!!  Soo excited!  And it pays.  Not much, but I'll be a published author come June.  :-)

Things on the photography front are moving along as well.  I finally made a decision on which logo I wanted to go with, now I'm working on tweaking it.  Have to make a decision on a few details, but I can see having my logo finalized within the next day or so.  Phew! 

And, another article is up on examiner.com.  Today's topic revolves around The Hershey Story in Hershey, PA.  Check it out!

Things are moving along around here.  Hoping to have more good news in the coming weeks.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. So many WOWS in that post! YEAH! Glad to hear things are going so well. I feel like I should be asking for an autograph now! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :-) I'll send ya one soon, before the rush hits. LOL!

    ReplyDelete