Friday, February 5, 2010

Gosh Darn Freaking

Let me start by saying, I weigh myself at home.  I have a scale that I use that helps tell me if I'm on track or not.  The exact weight on my scale and the WW scale never equal each other, but if I'm up on one scale, I'm up on the other and vice versa. 

I got up this morning and weighed myself, like I always do.  I was down.  I was down by a lot.  I was thrilled!  I knew I wouldn't be that down at WW, but I was anticipating a 1-1.5 pound loss.  I was excited.  So, I head off to WW to weigh in.  I get there, stand on the scale, and get the I'm sorry, you're up.  HUH?  UP?  What are you talking about?  I should be down!  And looking at the book, I was 1.2 pounds up. 

This makes no sense to me.  The only thing I can think of is that I weighed in on a different scale than I have been for the past 3-4 months.  There are three scales where I go.  I have been weighing in on the middle or left most scale for the past 3-4 months.  This is the first time in a LONG time I have weighed in on the right scale.  Now, I know what you're thinking.  Sure, it's the scale.  Right.  But, here's the thing.  All summer, I weighed in on the right scale.  One day this fall, I weighed in on the left scale and went up.  Then I weighed in on that scale for several weeks and was fine.  Now, I go back to the right scale and I'm up.  I think it's the scales.  Every time I change scales, I go up. 

While I'm ticked about this, it does make me reconsider what I'm doing at home.  I haven't really been exercising like I should.  I hadn't tracked perfectly either.  So, this week I will be doing both.  I can't deal with gaining.  Even if I think there's something weird going on with the scales.  I am tired of gaining and I'm tired of being where I am.  It's been too long.  I NEED TO LOSE.

2 comments:

  1. 1) Sorry about the "alleged" gain. 2) I am so with you! I'm always a better weight on the MIDDLE of our 3 WW scales. And the one WW lady always gets mad at me for waiting for that particular scale. Our scale at home sucks. It is an analog one and I could stand on it 20 times in a row and get 20 different weights. I try and use my clothes as a judge, but defer to the WW scale over mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I defer to their scale for the number, but when my scale says I'm down, I am down. I almost said I wanted to weigh in on the middle one to confirm the first one. I didn't think that would go over too well.

    ReplyDelete