Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday!

Yup, it's Monday.  So much to cover and share!

Weekend was eh.  Hubby and I headed out to Carlisle, PA to a beer MeetUp at Cafe Bruges, which is a place specializing in Belgium beers.  Yum!  Food was good - we shared a cheese plate, ordered a veggie burger with fries and no dessert.  :-)  Had 5 beers.  All with 8% or more alcohol content.  They were tasty!  Love Belgium beer!

Saturday, I thought I had things under control.  We headed over to the mall for our free pretzels courtesy of Auntie Anne's.  The line was LONG, but quick.  Got our two free (plain) pretzels and had a nice lunch at the mall.  And since we ate out on Friday, we decided to do left over pizza and fries for dinner.  We'll, it all went down hill at dinner.  We made up some yummy dip and ate a TON of tortilla chips.  Then two slices of pizza with the fries and two beers.  Oh, it was more than I anticipated. 

Sunday, I tried out one of my two new exercise routines.  I picked up a Walk Away the Pounds 3-mile workout and Wii's My Fitness Coach.  I decided to try the DVD.  It was a workout!  I was surprised really.  I just couldn't see how walking would make me feel like I did something.  It did.  :-)  I was definitely sweating by the end and I enjoyed it.  And I ate healthy!  Had a late brunch, then we had veggie chili for dinner with tortilla chips.  Yum!  Dessert was a mix of fresh blueberries and dried blueberries.  It took me over 40 minutes to each a cup and I was FULL!  Amazing. 

So, not the best weekend, but I tend to use all my flex points on Friday and Saturday, then just go from there the rest of the week.  We shall see come Friday if it was ok.

Today, I did get in a 3 mile outside run.  It wasn't too bad, except for dodging the trash/recycle cans on the sidewalks and some of the not so melted snow and ice.  But, having not run in a month, I was thrilled with 3 miles!  Gotta get back in form for the Shamrock 5k on March 14th!

And, it wouldn't be Monday without education!  Here's today's examiner.com article for your enjoyment.

Visit the State Museum to see the Act for the Gradual Abolition of Slavery

Check it out to learn about how PA was the first colony to set legislation to end slavery!

No comments:

Post a Comment