Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Moving forward

One of this year's goals is to start my own photography business.  I spent a good deal of January doing "research."  I read books, blogs, took an on-line course all in the guise of starting a business.  In reality, it was busy work.  It was for me to say I started preparing to start a business without committing to anything.

Well, I realized that Feb. 1st came around and in reality, I have done nothing to get this thing going.  Sure, I got some great sites to use for various phases of my business.  Sure, I got some tips on my camera skills from the on-line class.  Sure, I know some more about the business end than I did.  The problem was, I HADN'T DONE ANYTHING.  So, last night I plunged ahead.  I contracted with a graphic designed to design a logo for me.  She will do a logo, letterhead, business card and envelope with me obtaining the rights to the images.  It may seem like a little thing, but I had to SPEND money to do that.  It was my first REAL step to starting my business.  I'm not just TALKING about it, I'm DOING something about it. 

So, I received a questionnaire in my email this morning asking me about my businesses and preferences.  In the next 3-6 business days I should see some rough drafts.  Then I get to pick the one I like, tailor it a tad if need be, and I will have my very own, brand-spanking new logo.  Big scary step, but one that had to be done. 

Shortly there will be a logo.  Shortly, I will have business cards and letterhead and envelopes.  Wow.  I'm really doing this.  I'm really starting my own business.  Wow. 

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Can't wait to see the official logo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either! LOL! Hopefully soon. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete