Sunday, February 28, 2010

Personal

 
Hubby and I on our last wedding anniversary, December 2009

Today is the 14th anniversary of my hubby and I's first date.  We were in college all those years ago and met at a college dance.  Yes, our college hosted dances on weekends.  We went to college in the middle of nowhere and seriously, the weekends without dances people didn't know what to do with themselves.  LOL!  But, we met through a friend at a dance and a couple weeks later, hubby asked me out on a date.  He initially asked me for Thursday, which would have meant our anniversary would be Feb. 29th, but I wanted to go home for Spring Break and asked to push it back a day.   He agreed.  :-)
Our first date was at a small little place in town called Mookies.  It was Lent and I want to say Ash Wednesday, because I remember not being able to eat meat.  LOL!  I believe I did the stupid female thing and ordered a salad.  I can even remember what table we sat at that night.  We had a great dinner and fun conversation, even though I admit to worrying about what to talk about.

Afterwards, we headed back to my dorm to watch a music awards show?  The Grammy's maybe?  I honestly don't remember, but we watched some tv and then wandered around the dorm chatting.  We ended up in the main lounge and just talked.  No one ever used the main lounge, so it was a nice place to chat.  And we shared our first kiss in that lounge.  Awwwww....

And that's it.  We have been together 14 years.  We dated for four years, were engaged for 2 years, and now married for eight.  It amazes me we have been together so long and yet it seems like it's gone by so quickly.  Thank you for all the great memories and I thank you in advance for all the great memories to come!

4 comments:

  1. :-)

    I love you too! I'm so happy you agreed to go to Mookie's (R.I.P., Mookie's) with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes, poor Mookies. Though without it's demise, there would be no Rockwell's. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWWWWWWW! You guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete