Wednesday, June 30, 2010

3 more miles

To say the temperatures lately have been hot may be an understatement.  It's just been oppressive.  The second you walk outside, no matter how little you are wearing, you sweat.  Which is gross.  It's just not my thing.  I prefer nice cool temps, not too cold mind you, but cool.  But, the last week/week and a half have been brutal. 

This morning though.  It's like a flash back to May.  I got up and the temps were in the 60s.  I was ecstatic.  I had already turned the coffee on, but I decided the temperatures needed to be taken advantage of, so I got dressed and headed out for a run.  My goal was 1.5-2 miles today.  I'm not going to push myself too much in this heat.  Why?  I may have only one more race between now and September and that's just a mile, so I'm not going to kill myself on distance until the weather cools down again.

Got to where I like to run, parked the car, and was thrilled that there was a really nice cool breeze going.  Headed out and didn't push.  I wasn't going for time, I was going for a simple run.  And it was a nice run.  At about the one mile mark I started to sweat, which wasn't bad.  And at no point during the run did I sweat like I did over the weekend.  It was kinda nice. 

And when it was all said and done, I went 3 miles.  I was happy with that.  I apparently had more in me today that I thought.  It wasn't a bad run, it wasn't my best.  But, I went out there and ran.  It made me feel good.  And for the first time since the weekend, I am kinda looking forward to running tomorrow.  Cause after those brutal runs, I didn't think I'd be running again for a long, long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment