Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Photography

The photo thing is coming together.  It's about 2 months past when I wanted to get started and I'm still not 100% there, but I am MUCH closer than I was. 

This past Saturday I joined the Scott Kelby Third Annual Photo Walk in Harrisburg.  It was awful temperature wise.  We were all sweating and gross by the end, but I think we got some great photos!  There were 50 people who gathered together to wander the streets of Harrisburg with our cameras.  We started at the Capital Complex, headed down Walnut (I think), then off to Front Street (one side city, one side Susquehanna River).  It was a great day and I'm so glad I went!  If you want to see some photos, you can head over to the photo blog.  I posted a few before and after shots there.

Yesterday, I received my business cards, post cards, and window cling from Vistaprint.  I'm very happy with them.  :-)  They are so cool!  I really can't wait to share my business cards with people.  I feel like this is real now.  I also ordered a cute photography themed business card holder from Etsy.  It's really cute.  I received an email stating it was sent yesterday, so I should have that in a few days.  Yea!

And this all leads up to the photography conference I'm going to in two weeks.  I signed up to attend Skip Cohen's Summer School in Las Vegas.  Yes, I know.  Hard life going to a conference in Las Vegas.  ;-)  I'm really getting excited about the conference and all it will give me.  I'm looking forward to meeting (professional) photographers and getting some tips for when I get back.  I'll have the laptop with me, so I'll be sure to update on the road!

Once back from Vegas, I'm looking forward to advertising and getting my butt OUT THERE.  If you know of anyone who's interested in some family/engagement/generational sessions, let me know!  My schedule is pretty free right now, but I'm hoping that changes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment