Monday, July 12, 2010

Ugh

Friday, we had plans to head to Camden to see Love and Theft, Lady Antebellum, and Tim McGraw in concert.  I was really looking forward to the whole thing.  I was a bit bummed by the car situation, but we had plans to leave early, park the car in Camden, then take the River Ferry to Philly for dinner, then come back for the concert.  Uhhh...that didn't happen.  We hit horrible traffic on I-76, which put us about two hours behind schedule.  So, no Philly dinner for us.  We ended up at Pizzeria Uno, which was good.  There aren't any near us, so when we get the chance, we tend to go there for dinner.  We had an hour before the concert, which is 20-25 minutes away.  We left at 6:00 p.m. and got to the concert at 7:15 p.m.  Yes, it took us an hour and fifteen minutes to get to the concert.  We missed the opening act and the first song of Lady Antebellum, but we made it.  Both Lady Antebellum and Tim McGraw put on an incredible show!  Tim even sang my favorite song - Just to see you smile - which he never sings.  :-)  Check out some photos from the show here.

Saturday, the call came in from the dealership about the car.  We had AAA tow it to the dealership on Saturday morning and when the call came in, it wasn't good.  I don't understand all of it, just that the transmission is shot.  It would cost $1k to confirm the transmission is shot and if we want to replace it, another $3k.  Ummm...my car is 9 years old and probably not worth the $4k investment.  So, we are searching for an affordable yellow car.  I want yellow.  I know this sounds stupid, but I want a yellow car.  I love my current one and have no desire to trade it in, but the situation is out on my control, so new car it is.  Hoping to hear within a day or two of a yellow car in our price range.  Right now though, we are a one car family.  It seems odd. 

Details to come about my photo exhibit from Sunday.  It went well and my framed photograph is now hanging (and for sale) at the Middletown Area Arts Collective.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment