Monday, August 23, 2010

Running

Last week I headed out to replace my running sneakers.  I had been wearing my last pair of running shoes since June of 2009, so it was time to get a new pair.  I like the brand I wear, Saucony, which is the only type of sneakers I've ever worn for running.  So, when I went to the store, my goal was just to get the same type of shoe, but the newer.

The experience at the store was bad.  I won't name names, but it was bad.  The girl kept trying to get me to try every other brand they sold, which was really annoying.  She didn't know the difference between the two lines of sneakers in the Saucony brand they carried.  Due to my back issues, I have inserts in my shoes to help my back.  She went to get my size in the back and said she would put the inserts in before coming back.  She came back with the shoes, but still holding the inserts.  Then she wandered off to help a child with something...taking the inserts with her!  Then when she came back, she asked how the shoes fit.  Ummm...no idea, you had the inserts.  Ugh.  The whole experience was bad.  I finally got a pair and got the heck out of Dodge.

Saturday morning I took them out for their inaugural run.  Put the inserts in, tightened the laces, and headed out.  And ouch!  They made the ball of my feet and toes numb.  Ummm...my shoes have NEVER done THAT before.  I'm not happy.  I was hoping for a two to three mile run...got 1.25 miles because my feet were not happy at all.

I'm going to give them one more shot.  I'll take them out for another run to see if the laces were just too tight causing the numbness.  If that's not the case and it's just the shoes themselves, back to the store they go.  And back to the running store to see what the heck is going on.  Ugh.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. That stinks. I hope it is just a break-in period and not a crappy shoe period!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, me too. Of course, I haven't run since I tried them out. Ugh. Gotta get on that.

    ReplyDelete