Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Baltimore Marathon Relay Training Day 1


See that medal above?  I'm running 7 miles to own it.  I've mentioned in the past that I'm running a leg of the Baltimore Marathon Relay on Saturday, October 16, 2010 with my SIL, hubby, and our friend from college.  I'm pretty excited about it...and nervous.  That 7 miles is more than I've ever run before.  Hopefully I can hit 7 miles on race day, though it will be a slow 7 miles.  LOL!

So, today was day 1 of training.  I have to go from the 3 miles I ran this past Sunday to 7 miles on Oct. 16th.  My goal is to add a mile a week.  So, today I ran 3.3 miles.  Thursday, I need to run 3.6 miles, so that Sat. I can run 4 miles.  And so it goes...5 miles on Oct. 2, 6 miles on Oct. 9 (my birthday!), and finally 7 miles on Oct. 16th. 

I think I can do it.  I want to wear my medal proudly.  I may just wear it around all weekend.  Why not?  I earned it!

2 comments:

  1. great job!! i know you can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll wear our medals to the Eagles game the next day. People will think we're rappers.

    ReplyDelete