Friday, September 24, 2010

Loss

It's been awhile since I've bothered to get on the scale.  I don't know what's going on, but I just haven't felt like dealing with the ups and downs it shows.  But, this morning, I got up and decided to face the music.  I had all this time to lose 8 pounds before my birthday in two weeks (how did THAT happen?!?!?) and nothing.  I GAINED weight actually and you know, I just didn't want to deal with seeing the number go up again.  The thing is, you can't stop something if you don't know what you need to stop.  So, I got on the scale this morning to see how much MORE damage I had done over the last week.  And low and behold, I was down .8 pounds.  You could have knocked me over with a feather.  Did NOT see that coming. 

So, while I won't be hitting that 8 pound loss I had been aiming for, I can still see a loss in the future.  I can possibly get CLOSE to what I wanted for my birthday if I hunker down and do this thing.  I have lots of running to do between then and now (about 30 miles actually) and if I keep my food under control, there's a good shot of me getting close to that 8 pound loss.  So, here we go - Operation 2 Weeks is in effect!  How much can I lose between today and Oct. 8th?

3 comments:

  1. just be sure to watch your food intake because with running a bit more than you typically do, you might find yourself "hungrier" than usual. if you're still doing WW points, don't eat anymore than your standard daily/weekly points, and DO NOT eat ANY of your activity points you earn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I try not to eat more than my normal alloted points and not dip into the activity points. Some say that's what they're there for. I disagree. I think what's the point of earning them if you're just going to eat them? You didn't do yourself any service by doing that. Sure, there are times when I'm just HUNGRY and I eat them, but at least on those days, I didn't eat MORE than I should have.

    Just need to get back in the grove. And more milage is coming my way. I have 4 miles tomorrow, then 4.3 on Tuesday and 4.6 on Thursday. Lots of miles coming up.

    ReplyDelete