Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekly and June Update (Finally!)

I was going to post this the other day, then I saw someone else posted a 6 month/halfway through the year recap and thought that was a good idea.  So, here's the Weekly/June update, even if it's a few days late.  :-)

1. Lose 2.5 pounds - nope. Stayed the same this week, so I missed my goal by 1.5 pounds.  5.2 pounds total for June.  I suppose that's not a bad monthly total.
2. 20 miles running - Got this  one!  Very happy with that since I hate running in the heat.  So, 20 miles isn't bad.  Had the ill-fated duathlon this month, as well as the Baltimore Women's Classic 5k.  It's good to have races on the schedule to keep me moving.
3. 50 miles biking - Missed it by this much.  47.5 miles biking this month.  Sooooo close... It's ok.  47.5 miles biking is still a good number.  :-)  I'm not going to complain.

A few other highlights in June:

* Learned how to mend historic documents!  
* Climbed to the top of the Capitol in Harrisburg.  Awesome!
* Officially been running races for 2 years.  BWC was my first 5k two years ago.  Two years ago I would have fallen on the floor laughing if you were to tell me I would run a half marathon.  So much has changed in two years!
* Signed up for my third half marathon - Shamrock Half Marathon in Virginia Beach next March
* Oh, and for good measure, I signed up for the Shamrock 8k the day before in Virginia Beach next March

Not a bad month!  I really need to focus a bit more on the good stuff rather than the stuff that didn't go as planned.  That's a lot of really good things happening and I might have missed it if I got caught up in the not hitting my weight loss goal for the month or my biking goal.  Keeping positive.  There's a goal for ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment