Friday, July 1, 2011

6 Month Review

Wow!  Can you believe it's July 1st already?  It seems like yesterday that it was freezing out and we were all wishing it was warmer.  Now it's warmer and I'm wishing it were colder.  LOL!  But, I'm a bigger fan of winter than summer.  Blasphemy I know.  ;-)

Thought I would do a big recap rather than just my typical weekly one.  It's been enlightening seeing where I am compared to the beginning of the year.  Some of it good, some of it kinda sad actually...

Exercise

I kinda impressed with myself on this front.  I've been using Daily Mile to record my miles this year.  I used it last year too, but I know I didn't do a great job on getting every workout in.  This year, I've been much better at getting on.  I like seeing the monthly numbers.  :-)

Running - 147 miles
Biking - 183 miles

Not bad!  Now, remember I said I didn't record my workouts as religiously last year as I have this.  I went back to Daily Mile to see what I did between Jan. and June 2010 and I came up with 34.53 miles.  ROFLOL!  I guess I did better this year than last.  ;-)  And I did bike at all last year, so I sure beat that record!

Races

I hit the road running this year in the races category!  I've participated in 5 races so far this year.  Not too shabby.  I've done a half marathon, three 5ks, and a failure of a duathlon.

Disney Princess Half Marathon - February 27, 2011
3:21:11

 Hubby and I at the St. Patrick's Day 5k - March 13, 2011
39:36

Yuengling Shamrock Marathon - March 20, 2011
Not my race, but hubby ran his very first marathon and I went to cheer lead and photograph!

 Preakness 5k - May 14, 2011
43:29

Keystone Warrior Duathlon (before disaster struck) - June 11, 2011
2:08:38

Baltimore Women's Classic 5k - June 26, 2011
42:02

Weight

Oddly enough, I've basically stayed the same since the beginning of the year.  The last record I have of my weight is right before Christmas and I'm the same as I was then.  Ugh.  Basically, this means I've been playing with about 6-7 pounds for 6 months.  I need to get my butt in gear to stay here and then go down.  I have lofty goals at this point.  6 months to lose about 30 pounds.  It's doable.  I've done it before.  But, this time it's the last 30 pounds.  Always the hardest mentally and physically.  

Job
Well, I started the year off employed, then not so much.  Then spent two months waiting to volunteer at either the State Museum of Pennsylvania or the Pennsylvania State Archives.  I had the chance to work the Civil War 150 trailer when it was in Harrisburg.  Which was pretty awesome!  Really enjoyed that.  Then, shortly afterwards, I interviewed with the Archives and started volunteering/interning about a month later.  

The Archives have been great!  So much more what I want to be doing with my life than anything I've done in the past (except when getting my MA).  I love basically everything I've been doing - researching, helping other people research, finding document locations, and cleaning historic documents.  And they have given me some amazing opportunities - learn to mend historic documents, behind-the-scenes tours of the Railroad Museum and the Cornwall Iron Furnace, a trip to the top of the Capitol Dome, and the chance to take the PHMC's Archives Without Tears 2-day seminar.  Absolutely incredible experience and fantastic people!  Loving it!!

Conclusion

So, not a bad first half to the year. I'm signed up for my second half marathon already.  I'm running the Philadelphia Half Marathon on November 20, 2011 (Best Time of Your Life).  Hubby ran the half in 2009 and 2010, but this year he's challenging himself to the full.  So, I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring and run the half.  Why not?  ;-)  We also have in mind quite a few 5ks, just have to decide which ones to go with.

I've got a weight loss goal of 30 pounds by the end of the year...when we go to Jamaica to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary!  So excited!  We'll be hitting Couples, an all-inclusive resort and renewing our vows on the beach.  Ahhh...

I have no delusions of getting a job by the end of the year, but I will continue on with the archives.  I really like it and since I'm not officially interning, I can stay on until whenever, which I plan on doing.  LOL!  I'm going to work my butt off getting experience and then hoping, praying, wishing a job somewhere opens up.  If you'd like to throw out some good vibes to the universe, I would be appreciative.

So, that's it.  The last 6 months in a quick review (with photos!).  Hopefully, the second half of the year is just as fun and exciting!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice recap! Better than a bunch of shitty haiku, anyway :-)

    You've rocked the race scene and we'll find some neat ones for the 2nd half. (Mile, Tunnel Run, Jingle Bell, Winter Solstice, perhaps)

    ReplyDelete