Sunday, October 2, 2011

October


I love October.  It's my favorite month of the year.  Always has been.  The weather starts turning cooler, but not cold.  The leaves change colors.  Pumpkin everything is available (though that is more of a recent phenomenon). And hello?  There's Halloween!  Not to mention my birthday.  ;-)

I'm hoping this October is just as good as past ones.  And with that in mind, I'm going to set some goals for the month.  My September goals weren't 100% achieved, but it's a new month.  A new chance.  And it's my favorite month.  I have high hopes.

Goals

1. Lose 5 pounds.
2. Get back into photography (anyone want a photo session?).
3. Get my training runs in (2 weekday, 1 weekend).
4. Live more in the moment.

One through three are pretty self-explanatory.  Number four is something I need to work on.  We have life so planned out for weeks usually that sometimes life moves forward and I'm constantly looking to the next thing without always recognizing the now.  Here's October:

9th - Birthday, plans but not allowed to know what they are.
15th - College Homecoming
22nd - Hubby's Godson's birthday party
23rd - Lunch/brunch with my first college roommate and her family
29th - Halloween party with some college friends
30th - Hubby off to see his favorite football team play; I have the day to myself

Not to mention my long runs this month:
9th - 11 miles
15th - 4 miles
22nd - 12.5 miles
29th - 4 miles

And don't forget, I volunteer/intern at the State Archives on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays.

Lots going on.  I need to be in the moment and enjoy what I'm doing when I'm doing it.  Sure, I can be excited about up-coming stuff, but really, I need to really live in the moment.  And I hope this month to do a better job of it.

2 comments:

  1. We've got a bug/creepy crawler bday party scheduled for December 10 if you want to do photos. I know it doesn't exactly fit into the "October" plan, but if you can give your old roomie a good deal, it is all yours! Plus, if you want, we can trek into NYC the same weekend and see the tree. It should be up by then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that works with my schedule. Putting it on the calendar for ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete