Monday, October 17, 2011

She's Alive!

Yes, I have finally turned the corner on this upper respiratory infection thing that I've been fighting for 11 days.  It started the Friday before last and I'm still working on shaking it off, but I'm feeling so much more like me.  It's insane how much better I feel.

Wednesday afternoon through Friday evening, I felt like I couldn't breathe.  I was wheezing so badly that I could barely breathe and it was the worst feeling in the world.  I tried some home remedies here to try to change that, but they were very, very temporary in their effectiveness.  Finally, hubby called the doc and they prescribed a bronchial inhaler and a cough med.  The bronchial inhaler was a godsend.  It worked immediately and I could feel more oxygen getting to my lungs.  The cough medication made me laugh.  It was a tiny golden pill.  I've never taken a pill as a cough med.  When hubby picked up the meds, he also grabbed a thermometer since ours wasn't working anymore.  And Friday's temp wasn't a good one.  It read 102.9.  Later in the evening it went down a bit, but only to 102.3.

But Saturday morning, I still felt like crap.  Hubby called the doc and I went back in to see someone.  I saw the new doctor at the practice and can I say I just loved her?  She was so nice, so sweet, so compassionate.  I want her to my new primary and I want to be her friend.  Maybe it's the meds talking...Anyway...officially I was down 5.5 pounds since Monday, oops!  My temp was back to 101.1, just like Monday.  The bronchial inhaler helped tremendously with my air passages and she didn't hear any wheezing.  Ahhhh.... She prescribed a Z-pack antibiotic and pregnesone. 

By Sunday, I really felt much more like myself than I have in over a week.  I spent my Sunday watching Balls of Fury and the Philadelphia Eagles, doing and folding laundry.  We even went out to dinner!  It was nice to get out of the house, but it took us almost 2 hours at dinner because service was awful.  It normally isn't.

And a BIG thank you to my fabulous hubby for taking such good care of me the past 11+ days!!  He made sure I had everything I needed, made sure I ate and drank, drove me to and from the doctor, picked up my medications, and didn't kill me for whining about being sick.  I couldn't have asked for a better care taker and 
I LOVE YOU!!!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this picture! You both look so happy! I am so glad you are feeling better. I can't believe how long you were sick. You paid your dues and should not be sick for the next 5 years!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice note. I love you and I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jill! Is is bad to say it was from Beer Fest this summer? LOL! It was a fun day though. :-) And thanks for all your health wishes!! It has been a long 11+ days. I think I am going to get some of that Emergen-C stuff or something. I got sick after the Princess Half, I can't do that after the Philly Half next month.

    It's not a nice note when it's true Brian. Silly. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nicole! It has not been a fun week and an half! Finally went back to the archives today. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete