Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'm going to complain...you've been warned

Big ole thank you going out to the hubby for showing me how to do a screen shot.  I'm really technologically impaired.  How I have a blog is beyond me at times....

The Yuengling Shamrock Marathon/Anthem Half Marathon/TowneBank 8k is rapidly approaching.  Meaning, it's this weekend.  The 8k is Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m. and the half and full marathons is Sunday.  The half starts at 7:00 a.m., while the full starts at 8:30 a.m.  I'm not a morning person, but it is what it is.

What I'm going to complain about is the temperatures.  Do you see those numbers??????  It is like a knife to the heart (for the record, I'm  not really sure what that feels like and also for the record I really don't want to officially find out).  I am a cold weather runner.  I live for winter when the temps are in the teens and I have to bundle up for a run.  I do my best when the temps are cold.  Give me a windchill of 5 and I'm a happy runner.

Give me the above temperatures and I feel cheated.  I sign up for fall/winter races for the temperatures.  These temps are unacceptable.  I will die.  They are 2011 Princess Half Marathon-esque.  But, that was Florida.  I should have anticipated that.  I mean, it is Florida.  But, Virginia Beach, VA????  Last year the temps were freezing! The wind was cra-zy!  It was a perfect day for running.  

This year not so much.  I'm having to re-evaluate my clothing options.  I have to find capri/long shorts to wear because long pants are out.  I normally would wear a long sleeve for the race, but now I have to figure out a short sleeve option. I wanted to wear fun holiday socks for the 8k, but I wore them for the 5k on Sunday and was I hot!  I'm going to have to wear normal boring socks.  :-(  Seriously, why are we in the middle of the 3rd hottest winter in history????

Tell me, what is your ideal running temperature?  Any suggestions to make the above temperatures bareable?

3 comments:

  1. You know me, probably between 25-40 is probably what I'd prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't run- I can't answer your question! :)
    For biking- I have a window. If it is below 50 and not sunny- biking is not fun for me. If it is sunny out 50 is still cold- but I could do it. If it is windy- I don't like to ride. It it is too hot I don't like to ride. I suppose too hot would be in the 90's in the summertime. So I try to ride first thing in the morning in the summer.
    I am sorry about your race day weather. It is crazy warm for this time of year! I wish you the best of luck on race day. I hope the temps don't mess you up much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those temps (minus the little rain clouds) are a delight to me.

    Please e-mail me at your leisure- I know you have another race tomorrow. I can't seem to find a way to contact you through fb or through blogger. You'll find my e-mail under "contact info" on my blog. I have some mighty awesome things a goin' on!!!

    ReplyDelete