Thursday, May 17, 2012

Low-Carb Update



My two days of low-carbs are done.  I'm not sure what to think yet.  I stuck to the menu I laid out the other day.  Ate the same breakfast and lunch both days, which was fine.  The eggs and sausage kept me full til lunch and with my active job (really!  Paging at an archives is pretty active most days.), I wasn't hungry throughout the morning.  Lunch was fine.  I really enjoy eating my assorted nuts at lunch (I'm addicted to the Wal-Mart brand, even their almonds are good!).  Dinner worked out fine.  Hubby isn't into just tuna (without a mix-in), but I'm ok with it.  Had half a can of green beans both nights with some butter, salt, and Cajun seasoning.  Awesome!

But, I don't think this low-carb thing is for me.  I came home from the gym last night (30 minutes incline treadmill, 35 minutes interval bike, 15 minutes elliptical, along with some planks and sit-ups) and needed carbs.  I did fine until after dinner, then I needed something.  I ended up with chocolate - the very bottom of the bunny above and some Hershey Kisses.  Oh, and a few pieces of salt water taffy.

The low-carb thing is very restricting.  It seemed like all I could eat was meat and nuts.  I'm not sure how people do this.  And I can totally see how people complain about it during the first few weeks.  I couldn't even have my morning banana!  So, we'll see.  I'm not sure if I'll do it again next week or not.  I think I need a day or two away from it to see.  I may incorporate more of the concepts into my diet without going all-out, but I don't know if days of carb-free are for me.

1 comment:

  1. I have tried low carb a few times too. It was not for me either. I try to still to "lower" carb--more lean proteins, less bread, pasta, dessert. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete