Monday, May 14, 2012

Trying something new


A couple weeks ago I mentioned I wanted to lose 10 pounds by the end of June.  Then I went on a nice eating binge which probably implies it won't be happening.  Frustrating is an understatement, but it's all my fault.  I know that.  I accept that.

So, the other day I read an article about how doing low-carb/Atkin's-like two days a week can be all it takes to get your metabolism moving.  I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the whole no-carb/low-carb craze because it encourages people to eat too much food with a high fat content.  I know, I know I eat lots of food with a high fat content, but it also cuts out fruits.  Not cool in my book.

But, I thought about it and decided an Atkin's like approach two days a week, while still staying within the WW points system may be just the thing I need to get back in gear.  I'm not going to be perfect because I have no desire to go out and buy a bunch of food to do it perfectly, but I have a plan.

Breakfast - eggs with sausage and coffee
Lunch - salad with nuts and a cheese stick
Dinner - (Tuesday) tuna, still debating side dish; (Wednesday) burger, no roll, with cheese, side dish still pending

I've looked up a bit of what the induction phase of Atkin's is and wow.  I can see why people lose weight!  The amount of food you are "allowed" to eat is so limiting!  That's why I'm having issues with the side dishes on Tuesday and Wednesday's dinner.  What the heck do I make?

I'll let you know how it goes.  If it goes well, I may add this into the rotation to help get these last 15 pounds off!

1 comment:

  1. Also check out the Paleo diet for a low carb option.

    ReplyDelete