Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Time to review those goals again. How did April go?
1. Lose 5 pounds. Well, this was again a failure. More so than last month. I gained .2 pounds in April. Ah well. I knew it was coming. I didn't follow my plan for the first 15 days of the month and then decided the goal for the rest of the month was to just get back to where I was at the end of March. Missed it by .2 pounds. Onward and downward!
2. Run 25 miles. Got it! Barely... I ran 2.5 miles on April 30th to get me to 25.4 miles for the month of April. The two 10ks I ran this month really helped because I was slacking on the weekday runs. I don't know why. It seems like I need a big race goal, i.e. a half marathon, to get me running more consistently. The positive is I still got those 25 miles in even if it was at the very last minute.
3. Bike 40 miles. Oops. Missed this goal for the month. Ended up with 26ish miles. We haven't gone outside on a ride yet, still using the stationary bike either at home or at the gym. First month this year I haven't met the biking goal. Which is funny since I hadn't planned on even starting the biking goal until April. Well, here's to a better May!
4. More photography. Took the camera to the Orioles Opening Day and the Phillies Opening Day. But other than that, I haven't done the best job...Though I did take a bunch of really cute pics of the kitties the other day. Maybe I need to do a challenge for the month of May with my camera. A photo a day? Hmmm...
5. The big picture. This hasn't been an issue lately. Maybe I've gotten it in my head so well that it's natural now? Not sure. But, I am getting better at not letting the little things get to me. Working hard on enjoying life as it plays out. I'm guessing that's why I'm not stressing the above weight loss fails and the bike fail. I have confidence it will happen. Stressing out over it not being accomplished now will do me no good. Focus on the positive and it will happen. And you can read all about how here.