Friday, July 20, 2012

Reading

I worked really hard over the winter to be ready for the Shamrock Half Marathon in Virginia Beach.  I worked with a trainer, got all my weekday runs in, cross-trained.  And I was rewarded with a PR.  Woohoo! 

But, lately I've realized I've been struggling with my diet (diet in general, my eating habits).  I'm getting lazy and not cooking as much.  Could be the heat.  Could be I'm lazy.  I admit, cooking is not my favorite thing.  I like baking, cooking just seems like such effort.

So, to help get my mind around eating to be in good running shape, I picked up three books at the local bookstore.  Yes, real paperback books!





After reading through all the titles and book jackets, these three seemed to be the ones that would help me the most.  I'm hoping to gleam some help from them in getting me back on tract.  I am not that far away from my goal weight, I can easily reach it by Atlantic City in October.  I just need some direction. 

As I finish these books, I'll do a book review.  I'll let you know if I thought they were worth it, tips I can use, things I might not have known, if they were worth the price, would I recommend them, etc. I love reading and I'm hoping these books have that missing link I've been looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment