Monday, August 27, 2012

8 mile




Well...as you can tell I haven't been all that up on the whole exercise thing.  I've been slacking.  Really slacking.  I ran 4 miles on Monday, August 13th at the Y before fencing.  And then... nothing.  I haven't done anything since.  We hit Las Vegas for 5 days, then came home exhausted.  My left leg also hurt when we came home, so I said I would give myself til this past Saturday to get my leg back to normal.

And then I slept late on Saturday morning.  By the time I got up, it was too late to get in an 8 mile run.  No biggie.  I can run it on Sunday.  And then I didn't.  Slept too late.  I was wondering what was up with my motivation.  I've been having this issue for weeks.

Today, I woke up at 9:20 a.m.  Not the best time wise for a run, but I kinda had to get it in.  I spent about an hour getting ready and finally hit the pavement about 11:00 a.m.  At 75 degrees.  It was not a fun run.  I did pretty well until about mile 6.  I did have all sorts of weird pains in the left leg throughout the run - some stiffness in my calf, a bit in the Achilles, and at mile 4.5 hip pain.  Yea, I'm not surprised.  All pain that I've had in the past because I haven't been exercising. 

The worst part of the run was the last mile.  I realized I would have been ok had the last mile would have been flat.  Sadly, it's not.  It's very hilly.  Very, very hilly.  I ended up walking way more than I would have liked.  I was disappointed, but I got in the 8 miles I was scheduled for this past weekend.

The positive is I got my 8 mile run in.  I feel a bit better about the half marathon on Oct. 21st.  I would not meet my goal time as of now, but I would cross the finish line.  I have about 2 months to go, so as long as I get on track, I should be ok.

Tonight?  Signed up for another set of 10 30 minute training sessions.  Tonight is the first of these 10.  I have a feeling I am going to hurt tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment