Saturday, October 13, 2012

Last long run before AC

The last long run before the race. It was today. I got up and got ready. The temps were gorgeous! By the time I got to the parking lot it was 43 degrees. I had a light long sleeve jacket on, but by mile 2 it was off. Beautiful weather!

I headed from Manchester into Mount Wolf because it is the only route I know besides the Rail Trail that will give the mileage I was looking for - 8-9 miles. I wasn't sure which it would be, so I gave myself the range.

I had a nice run if not slower than my training runs for Shamrock in March. I ran the hills and wandered around Mount Wolf. I like running there because there are always people out doing stuff - walking the dog, mowing the grass, decorating for the holidays, doing repairs. Always lots of things to watch as you run by.

Had a nice visit with two adorable chocolate labs while out and about. They were sweet. Headed back towards Manchester shortly after saying hello and felt ok. I'll be honest, I walked about half of Maple Street. It's just so darn hilly! I know I can run it, I've done it before, but I just didn't feel like it today.

Got 8 miles in total and felt fine afterwards. Had I been better at mileage I could have gone 9, but I just didn't have the heart to run past my car. It was calling to me. LOL!

So, that's it. Last long run before next Sunday's 13.1 miles. Going to aim for two 30 minute runs this week and hit the gym twice. Should be good. I won't PR AC, but I'll cross that finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment