Friday, November 16, 2012

Still

Tomorrow I'm lacing up the ole Asics and running in the Movie Madness 5k. It's my fourth 5k of the year and my 11th race this year. And I'm scared. Yup. Every time I prepare for a race, I get scared. At this point I know I can run the 3.1 mile distance, it's not that. I'm not sure what it is. Fear of failure? Fear of coming in last? Which I believe is a high probability since the website said this is a competitive race and it's a pretty small town that's hosting it.

So, I'm kinda scared of running tomorrow's race. Maybe I'm not totally convinced I'm a runner? Maybe I'm afraid the extra pounds I've put on and am having a hard time taking off are going to totally mess with my running ability? I don't know. All I know is I'm slightly nervous to stand at the start line at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow and go when they call "Lights, camera, action!"

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and remember, there is always a donut waiting for you at the end to run for! Don't be scared - be hungry....for donuts! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete