Monday, February 4, 2013

Motivational Monday


Never trade what you want the most for what you want right now.

British Parliament and Big Ben from the London Eye

I know Motivational Monday isn't a new concept, lots of people use it. But, I have decided that I like the idea of sharing quotes that I feel are inspirational. I'm not good at putting quotes over photos, so I'll just share photos I think are appropriate to the quote.

I could not start this new theme day without using the above quote; it's the whole theme of my blog! I read this years ago and it struck a chord with me. I tend to take the here and now rather than the long term view. If I'm sad, I grab a snack. If I'm frustrated, I'll order an unhealthy dinner. If I'm tired, I'll skip the gym and eat sugar for more energy. If I see sweets, I eat them.

Since I was a little kid, I've been overweight. What have I always wanted? To be at an average weight. I didn't need to be sickly thin, just within my healthy weight range. It was my birthday wish for years. It was my "if you had three wishes what would they be?" wish (it was always number one). As a kid, I didn't really know what to do to change my life. I did Weight Watchers when I was 11/12 with my mom, aunt, and cousin, but it didn't stick. I gained what I lost back. I was always the heaviest kid in my class. 

I need to focus more on the long-term goal, the rest of my life. I need to remember this when my emotions take hold. 

Why a photo of British Parliament and Big Ben? Because London is my favorite city. It is the goal. It is my favorite vacation spot. The first time I went, I felt like I was home. I would move there if I could. My hubby and I went back in 2010 as a celebration of graduating grad school and we saved for two years to afford a two week trip to Europe. Every time we got gift money, tax returns, etc. we put it aside. Then we researched the daylights out of our destinations (Italy, France, England) to find the best deals to make the most of our money. We kept that goal in mind for two years as we put all of our extra money away to take that trip. That trip is the epitomy of never trade what you want the most for what you want right now

So, what does this mean to you? Can you use this motivational quote to help you on your journey? 

No comments:

Post a Comment