Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sleep

Higgy the cat has no trouble sleeping

The last couple of nights have not been good for sleep. I'm not sure why. Monday night I went to bed at my normal time (midnight) and just had a heck of a time sleeping. I'll admit to sleeping on the love seat. I hadn't showered and the bedroom was freezing. It was the better option in my opinion. Took me forever to fall asleep on a piece of furniture that I have fallen asleep on many a time, intentionally and unintentionally.

Then last night, ugh. Went to bed around midnight again. This time though, I had to be up for work in the morning. I couldn't fall asleep....at all. Took til after 1:30 a.m. to actually fall asleep. Brain was just whirling with weird, unimportant thoughts, including why am I not falling asleep? Then, I woke up a couple times because Pooka (the cat who is finally getting the power of walking back) found something to chew on...right next to my head! I had to grab him to stop him from chewing in my ear. Then I woke up at 4:00 a.m. Wide awake. At this point (sorry hubby!) I couldn't fall asleep because hubby was snoring. Around 4:30 a.m. I almost just got up and said the heck with this! But, I thought about it and decided that resting would be better than being awake for 2 hours. I did manage to fall back to sleep until my alarm went off at 6:15 a.m.

This happens probably once a week, sometimes twice. It's really annoying, especially on nights when I work the next day. I spend my entire day on my feet - photocopying and pulling 40-50 pound boxes off shelves. Not the type of work you want to be tired for.

Any advice? What works for you when you can't sleep? Do you have a nighttime routine that helps you sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment