Tuesday, February 19, 2013

8 - 30 - 4.5

8 mile run
30 minute trainer session
4.5 mile bike

I'm thinking I went a bit overboard yesterday. I needed a long run over the weekend, but it didn't happen so I figured I would do it Monday. I went to the park and ran 8 miles at a local park. My mileage for the weekend was 10, but I just couldn't run around the park one more time. LOL! I was happy with 8 miles. 

At 6:30, hubby and I met with our trainer for 30 minutes. We did a fairly easy routine, then spent the rest of the time doing core work. Sadly, most of it involved legs which was not happening after an 8 mile run. Some of the stuff I just couldn't do. The legs were just not cooperating. 

After the trainer session, we hit the stationary bike to help with the soreness. We started doing this after our trainer sessions about a month ago and it has drastically cut down on the amount of soreness we have over the next two days. It doesn't go away totally, but it is much more manageable. We cycled 4.5 miles in 25 minutes. 

Today, I'm feeling a bit sore. Not awful, but I can tell I worked out yesterday. I'm thinking yesterday was a crazy workout day. Really not me actually. I'm hoping that the pounding I took over the course of the day though helps strengthen my legs for the half. The last time I ran 9 miles, it took almost 2 hours and 10 minutes. This time, 8 miles took 1 hour and 46 minutes, which if we take my mile pace and add one for 9 miles, I would be under 2 hours. Not a bad increase in a month. I have about a month until Shamrock. I really want to keep a 12:59 pace. Yesterday was a 13:19 pace. I'm getting there. Hoping I can bring my pace down a bit in the next month and I get a boost from those running around me.

How was your Monday workouts? Did you have a good one?

No comments:

Post a Comment