Sunday, March 31, 2013

Equipment fail = exercise fail

Oh this is true. So very true.

Friday night my right calf was hurting. I chalked it down to work. I had a rough day physically and I had a feeling that being on my feet 6 hours either walking or standing may have caused it. I tend to have pain in my legs/feet throughout the week due to work and by the next day it's gone. I figured that would be the case Saturday morning.

Nope. I woke up late, but my right calf was still unhappy. It hurt. I decided to put off the 5 miles until Sunday. Why not? Doesn't matter which day I get it in, right? I did foam roll the thickest part of my calf. It worked well. There was some pain still at the bottom near the ankle, but I wasn't sure if foam rolling was a good idea. I asked my running guru Kim and she said yes. The stick could just be too harsh, go foam roller. So, I did. I used the foam roller towards the bottom of my calf and it did help. Didn't make it go away completely, but it was better.

This morning I woke up and anticipated a quick foam roll and off I would go. Uhhh, no. Didn't work that way. I still have a bit of pain so I decided I would skip the run (ugh) and go for a bike ride. So, I went to the basement and grabbed the bike. Took it to the bike rack and attempted to put it on. I say attempted because the screw holding it together had rusted and I couldn't undo it. Then I took the bike on a quick ride on the driveway...front tire flat. Seriously??????

So, equipment fail to the extreme. Sorta frustrating. No run and no bike. And honestly, the ultimate goal had been a 5 mile run and a 10 mile bike ride. Instead, I turned on the t.v. and did a 20 minute kickboxing routine, a 20 minute yoga/stretching routine, and a 5 minute core routine. Not what I wanted, but better than nothing.

And the positive is I found there are all sorts of fun things on the t.v. for me to do if I can't do my normal stuff. They have cardio, kickboxing, yoga, pilates, walking, etc. At least I learned something...


No comments:

Post a Comment