Monday, March 4, 2013

Motivational Monday

We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are.

This one is totally appropriate for me this month. I let myself get off track in February. I didn't go to the gym as much as I should. I didn't always put all my effort into my training sessions. I didn't eat healthy. I didn't make the choices I knew I should make to reach my goals. I reverted to bad habits that I know do not move me closer to my goals.

This month is all about getting out of that rut. I will be going to the gym like I should. I will be running like I should. I will eat the way I should. I will remember my goals and make the choices that I know will bring closer to them.

We all make mistakes. We all stumble off course. It's how we respond to those mistakes that truly determine our future. And this month, I am not going to remain the same. I am going to push it. I am going to remember what I want to become so those decisions are easier to make. Yea, that piece of candy or french fry taste good, but will they get me to my goal? Will that skipped workout because I'm "not feeling it" get me to my goal? No. So, here's to a much better March!

Did you have a time when you had trouble breaking free of past habits? How did you break them? What do you do now to keep yourself on track to your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment