Sunday, March 3, 2013

February 2013 Books


Another month, more books! Here are this month's books, plus the good and the bad!

February
1. Scarlette by Davonna Juroe (February 1, 2013)
2. Killer Cat: A Prison Journal by Michael Aguilar (February 2, 2013)
3. Inside the Mind of the Brain Dead Kind by Walter M. Lake (February 2, 2013)
4. Interesting Fitness by Jonathan Kamp (February 3, 2013)
5. Best Inspirational Quotes Ever! World's Most Powerful Inspirational Quotes & Motivational Quotes Manual by The Success Sculpting Coach (February 3, 2013)
6. America's Forgotten Pandemic: The Influenza of 1918 by Alfred W. Crosby (February 3, 2013)
7. The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back by Sariah Wilson (February 6, 2013)
8.  The History of the World According to Facebook by Wylie Overstreet (February 11, 2013)
9. Royal Bachelor by Trudi Torres (February 11, 2013)
10. Lynna's Rogue by Kitty Margo (February 20, 2013)
11. The Stress Free You: How To Live Stress Free and Feel Great Everyday Starting Today by Elizabeth O'Brien (February 22, 2013)
12. The Spice of Life by Jennifer L. Jennings (February 23, 2013)
13. Cracked by Tara Logan (February 25, 2013)
14. Venice Vampyr by Tina Folsom (February 25, 2013)
15. Pandemia by Nick Lancaster (unsure)
Top Books

Best Inspirational Quotes Ever! World's Most Powerful Inspirational Quotes & Motivational Quotes Manual by The Success Sculpting Coach (February 3, 2013)
America's Forgotten Pandemic: The Influenza of 1918 by Alfred W. Crosby (February 3, 2013)
The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back by Sariah Wilson (February 6, 2013)
The History of the World According to Facebook by Wylie Overstreet (February 11, 2013)

So many good books this month! Yea! Always good to see ones that were worth the read. I'll admit Best Inspirational Quotes Ever! World's Most Powerful Inspirational Quotes & Motivational Quotes was an easy read, but it was exactly what I was looking for this month. I wanted to find some quotes to motivate me throughout the year and I am pulling from them for Motivational Mondays. I really liked it. 

America's Forgotten Pandemic: The Influenza of 1918 was a real book, not an ebook. It was very good and very helpful for my research. It had a bit more medical technical jargon than I was able to handle, but overall a very good book. I am sure I will be able to utilize it in my book.

The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back was just one of those fun, teenagey type books. I love Cinderella and thought this could be fun. It was a fun, silly book that if you like romance you'll like. I did think the book title was a bit off though. The main character, the ugly stepsister, really wasn't. She was a pretty, smart girl who's stepsister seemed to have it all. I think the title may have been a bit more mental than physical, which is really what the Cinderella story was. Overall though, I liked it. I laughed and really just enjoyed the story.

The History of the World According to Facebook was another real life book. Hilarious! I recommend you buy this book right now! It's a quick read, but so freaking funny! It starts all the way back at the Big Bang and goes pretty close to 2012. It covers just about every major historical happening in history, some more than others, but in a fun way. It is short, which might be the only negative I have regarding the book; I would have loved for more details.

Don't Read

Killer Cat: A Prison Journal by Michael Aguilar (February 2, 2013)
Pandemia by Nick Lancaster (unsure)  

I was very excited by Killer Cat: A Prison Journal. I love thinking my cats have their own thought process on this whole "pet" thing. But, it didn't live up to expectations. It was a true disappointment. It just really annoyed me. It was mostly negative, rather than funny. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't find that funny. And the amount of effort the cat put into trying to kill the owner? I don't know. I like to think my cats would just rather be free than kill me off.

Pandemia had hit for me all over it. And then it ended. Seriously. In the middle of the two main characters riding cross country to NYC to find the wife's sister in the middle of a virus outbreak. I realized quickly that in small print the cover said Part 1. It wasn't the full book. Now I can't be too mad, it was a free book, but I anticipated the whole thing. And it was really good. I was getting into it. I was rooting for the characters. I was thinking the wife was an idiot for wanting to drive from the Mid-West to NYC to check on her sister in the middle of what was turning out to be a worldwide pandemic. Then bam! End. Haha! Go buy the rest of the book. Blargh! This did not make me happy. Now, if you chose to purchase the whole book, I would say you would probably like it. Unless something odd happened, I bet this book would have been on my Top Books list, but since it was only Part 1? Not so much.

So, that's my books for February. One more than January in several fewer days. What about you? Did you read anything good this month? Check out any of the books I read last month? I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment