Friday, March 1, 2013

February 2013 Goals Round Up

Do I have to do this recap? February was an awful, awful month for me. I'm seeing a bunch of people saying the same thing, so I have to say I appreciate knowing I'm not the only one. I do not wish others to have bad months, but knowing that for some reason February 2013 wasn't great for more than me makes me feel better.

Here were the goals written out:

This month I'd at least like to:
* lose 4 pounds
* take beginner spin class

But I'm really hoping to:
* lose 5 pounds
* take 1 spin class a week

And I'd be thrilled if:
* lose 6 pounds
* take 1 spin class a week
* take piyo class

Run 36 miles
Actual: 20 miles

Of those three categories, I made one of those happen - take beginner spin class. I did try to make "take 1 spin class a week" happen, but the second I went to was canceled because the instructor didn't show up. Then I didn't go.

This month is all on me. I know I messed up I know I didn't do what I should have. I know I let the mental aspect of all this win the upper hand. I know I allowed my mind to win out over my goals. I own it. I accept it. I'm not happy about it, but I know I can't blame anyone but myself.

But, not to make this post a complete downer, here are some positives this month:

* Spend the weekend with my good friend celebrating her birthday in Milwaukee
* Hit my goal of running 5 miles under 60 minutes!
* Pooka may have gone paralyzed, but he's doing so much better! He can walk again! I think the walking outweighs the paralysis.

So, it's now March and I need to turn this ship around. I need to make March better than February. And I think I can do it. I have my favorite 5k this month - Kelly St. Pat's 5k in Baltimore. Then we're heading to Virginia Beach for the Shamrock 8k and Half Marathon. I don't see PRs in my future, but I see a good time. And honestly, that's really what is important.

How did February work out for you? Are you happy to see March come?

No comments:

Post a Comment